Enjoying Life!

Enjoying Life!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

It's snowing! Time for comfort food!!!

Finally, winter is here.  I love the snow, especially on saturdays.    It's snowed about 3 inches overnight, began to sleet, now snowing again.  It's supposed to turn to rain later today, but I hope it doesn't.  Today will be a good day to make some homemade chicken soup or some other comfort, feel good and warm, food.

I plan to use this blog to post about cooking.  So many of us work full-time and don't have time to make wonderful meals for our families.  So, I cook on the weekends.  I do post my menus to facebook, and so many folks have asked for recipes.  Let's face it, I'm Italian and grew up learning to cook from my granmother, Nanna, and she just "showed" me how to do it.  I don't measure.  But, I try to estimate so when I give out my recipes, the food will come out good.

So, since I haven't decided on this weekend's cooking ventures yet, I'll be back.  I need a second cup of coffee right now.  Stay tuned!


Oh, one thing I forgot to mention, Lidia Bastianich is my idol.  I watch her shows, then say to my husband, I'm going in to make that and I do!  I have her cookbooks, been to Eataly in NY and 3 of her restaurants.  A couple of months ago she was in Trenton for a show and we went.  I got to meet her in person and shake her hand!  I was a 52 yr old kid!!!!! 

Ok, enough for now, time for cup #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment