Enjoying Life!

Enjoying Life!

Friday, January 27, 2012

Good Morning and Happy Friday!

I've been thinking about what to cook this weekend and have decided it's time to make gravy again.  Gravy meaning sauce.  You see, I'm from Philly and here we call spaghetti sauce, gravy.  Ok, so that being said, it's time.  Once you make gravy, no matter how much you make, it's the same amount of work.  So, what I do is make a lot so I have it for other meals.  It freezes well, so no problem there.  I also make my own pasta.  Not all the shapes out there, just linguini, tagliatelle, papardelle, gnocchi, spaghetti.  I have an old fashioned manual pasta machine and a quitarra.  I love to make it, for me, it's fun and relaxing.  (ok, you can say it, I know I'm weird!!)  I even have a wooden drying rack for the "strings".  I don't make any of the tubular pasta, no need.  Boxed is fine.  The best part of homemades is the taste and freshness.  If I do make them, I will definitely post the recipe.  Homemade gnocchi are the absolute best though!  If made right, they are light and have a great taste.  The ones you can buy in the stores "sink", another words, too heavy.  This means the dough is worked too much and has too much flour.  I'll explain when I post the recipe.


For now, it's time to finish my second cup of coffee, gather my lunch together and get ready for work.  I have a long day ahead of me and need a haircut desparately!  I'll be back to the blog this weekend.  See you soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment