Enjoying Life!

Enjoying Life!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Saturday Night.......................

Hello!  Did everyone watch the Preakness???  Great race!  We may have a triple crown winner again!!  Tonight's the All Star Race on Speed, should be a good one, it usually is. 

Anyway for dinner, we had hamburger meat thawed and I didn't know what to do with it.  Seems like a theme, for some reason.  Alan suggested the burgers with brown gravy and it sounded good, so I made it.  He usually makes this dish, so I needed direction.   Of course, I embellished a bit because I really wasn't sure how to do it.  This is what I did.  I hope you like it; it came out good.


Burgers with Brown Gravy

1 lb ground beef
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
1/4 cup ketchup
1 large onion
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons butter
1 jar savory beef gravy

(these amounts are based on about a pound of ground beef, if you need more, just double the recipe)


Slice the onions, smash the garlic, heat a fry pan and melt the butter.  Add the onions and garlic, let them saute.  Use a lid to keep them from burning, medium heat.  In a bowl, add the meat, ranch dressing mix and ketchup, mix well.  Form into patties and add to the onion mixture.  Flip the burgers once.  Pour the gravy into the fry pan and making sure the onions are in the liquid.  Cook for about 20 minutes on medium-low heat letting the mixture's flavors meld and the burgers cook.

I served with corn.  However, I think mashed potatoes would be best with this.

Enjoy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment