Enjoying Life!

Enjoying Life!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It's been awhile.........

Hello Hello everyone!!!

It's been a couple of weeks since I've posted, not too much is going on.  The last two weeks I've just made "gravy" and with the leftovers baked macaroni.  Here's a story for you:  when I made the baked macaroni last weekend, my hubby said to me, "is this any good??"  Of course, I DID NOT answer that question.  Then he told me he wasn't hungry and he'd eat later.  OK, no problem.  About 15 mins after that, he was digging into the dish.  Now, tell me what you think......he had two bowls!  So, was it good or was he hungry?  You make the call!!

I just finished booking a road trip with my girlfriend to see her girls graduate high school.  It's a 15 hr drive, but definitely cheaper than flying.  We booked a room like a studio apartment with a full kitchen so we can cook our own meals, hence saving more $$.  I'm up for it, haven't done a long drive like that in a few years and with 2 of us driving, it will be fun (I hope).  It's just the time, but that's OK.  As long as we have a radio and a CD player in the car, we'll be good. (maybe we add a "Red Solo Cup to that list!!!)

For Easter, we're heading to a Brazilian Steakhouse for brunch.  I'm looking forward to that.  What are all of your plans for Easter?????

I have no recipes of my own for now, but I do have one that my hubby makes wonderfully.  It's baked pierogies.  He got the recipe from the box of Mrs. T's, but he's enhanced it to make it better, here goes:

Baked Pierogies

1 box or bag of pierogies
mozzarella or Italian blend cheese shredded, about a 1/2 bag
1 can (14 oz) petite diced tomatoes
2 tsp fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1 med to large onion, sliced
1 small can tomato sauce
olive oil to saute

Arrange the pierogies in a baking dish.  Slice the onions and begin to saute in a little olive oil.  When they are getting soft, add the tomatoes, sauce, seasonings.  At this point, if there is another seasoning you want to use that goes well with tomatoes, add it!  This is about your taste.  While the mixture is cooking, add some of the cheese over top of the frozen pierogies.  When the onions have softened well and the mixture is nice and hot, pour the mixture over the pierogies.  Top with more cheese.  Oven bake at 350 degrees for about 35 mins.  Depending on your oven, it could go from 30-40 mins.  Serve hot!

Enjoy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment